Sunday, March 27, 2011

Home from Mexico

I just spent a week at Mexico Caravan and it was a pretty big stepping stone for me. It was definitely different than last year, being it was more of a spiritual high than spiritual growth, where this year it really felt like progress. I have found my dreams of the future are no longer here but with the souls of the broken and hopeless. It's a scary leap but at this point, I will set my sights on a life of overseas toil and pursue it with abandon until that door gets closed. It is surely motivation for me to stretch myself in this current place, as preparation for life in the future one.
The second clear thing I learned from the Lord is the epidemic of insecurity. Most problems, whether sin or fear, stem from insecurity. One who is truly secure in his own identity feels no need for pride, jealousy or even rage. Perhaps that is why we are so compelled by Christ's love, in him are security is found, and what the world says no longer matters. All of our actions should be in response to that love, not in an effort to earn it. The freedom this brings is immense and crucial to allowing us to walk in step with the Spirit with an abundance of joy.
Worst part was saying good bye to new friends knowing you likely won't see them again tell the clouds bust open. Hey, but then we have an eternity together.

No comments:

Post a Comment