Thursday, January 20, 2011

You May Be The Only One

          I have a few things to say, first being to watch out for second-hand faith. Pete Grieg just touches on this in Red Moon Rising. So much of our relationship with God is dictated by what others tell us about him and how things are supposed to be rather than us learning directly from God. This being through prayer, meditating and reading specifically. I am not saying other inlets are bad but they should not be the whole of your spirituality. The Holy Spirit was sent to us as the great teacher, who better to learn from then him. God loves to teach when we abide in him.
         Now my recent personal experience with this. As I was praying today I began to intercede for several of my friends. Two of my friends I have made it a routine to pray for their salvation. Today I decided to spend a longer than usual time in prayer so i was naturally interceded for more of my friends. Yet it grew on me all those who are lost and need saving. So I simply decided to pray in group because it is quicker, it dawned on my that likely, I am the only person praying for them. Who will intercede for the lost? Who will pay the price, the hours of prayer for the lost souls? It is a large order to fill, and fortunately salvation does not depend upon our ability to pray, but it no doubt has an impact. Well that's all.

 
This Made me Laugh. All of Creation haha

No comments:

Post a Comment